Admission to the Bachelor Programmes
- Fill in an online application at apply.rgsl.edu.lv
- Attach a copy of your diploma and diploma supplement (grade transcript) or if not yet graduated, your current term grade transcript. A certified English translation must be provided if the diploma was obtained outside Latvia
- Write a motivation letter in English. Tell us about your educational, professional and social achievements (max 2 000 characters)
- Attach a copy of your passport and a passport size photo
RGSL offers free study places to outstanding local secondary school graduates for the academic year 2017/ 2018. The Excellence Award for Outstanding Local Applicant, which covers tuition fees for one semester, has been established to give the most promising students who strive for excellence a chance to choose a quality education in their homeland. RGSL will offer one free study place on each of the Bachelor study programmes: “Law and Diplomacy” and “Law and Business”.
Applicants from countries requiring a visa for Latvia are required to pay a processing fee of 100 EUR (does not apply to applications from member states of the EU, countries of the European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation). After admission, students that are not residents in Latvia should start the immigration procedure as soon as possible.
An application is considered complete only when RGSL has received the complete application package consisting of all listed documents. Applications may be made before a qualifying diploma or other documentation is available in relation to the application deadline. In that case, the online application must contain an indication of the expected date on which the documentation will be received.
Eligible applicants will be admitted in order of priority based on points awarded for
- overall grade average on the final or latest grade transcript corresponding C level according to ECTS (priority to applicants with A and B levels according to ECTS) ;
- official results of TOEFL or IELTS not older than 3 years – the required minimum result is 550 points for TOEFL (for a computer test -213; Internet based test – 80) and 6.0 for IELTS. Applicants who have acquired education in the English language (or may prove comparable knowledge) are exempted from taking
TOEFL or IELTS;
- additional points may be awarded for academic and scientific achievements, active participation in youth organisations, and other relevant activities .
The minimum grade required for English language is C level according to ECTS. Alternative documentation for the level of proficiency in English may include certificates of an IELTS or TOEFL test, as well as having English as a mother language. Applicants may be invited for an interview at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.