Riga Graduate School of Law offers a unique two part continuing professional development (CPD) course in the fundamentals of contracting. This CPD course will be invaluable to lawyers dealing with and interpreting contracts subject to the Law of England and Wales. There are two parts to the course: Key Principles and Sale of Goods. In the first part, an overall framework and overview of key recent developments in English Contract law is provided. The second part of the course deals with the Sale of Goods Act 1979, providing a detailed analysis. As the Act plays a key role in cross-border contract, it is contrasted with the Vienna Convention (CISG).
After completing the course participants receive continuing legal education certificates of 8 hours (both courses) or 4 hours (one course).
Who should attend and why?
The course is aimed at lawyers in the practical interpretation of contracts subject to the law of England and Wales and to understanding the latest developments and jurisprudence.
• legal practitioners
• in-house lawyers
• commercial contract lawyers
• cross – border ligitation specialists
About the lecturer
Professor James Devenney is the McCann FitzGerald Chair of International Law and Business at University College Dublin, Ireland. He is author of a number of books including the leading Modern Law of Contract. He has provided assistance to the Law Commission on Consumer Law, misrepresentation and unfair commercial practices; and to the Australian Attorney-General’s Department on the codification of Australian Contract Law, he has also advised the Singapore Ministry of Law.
- Time: 17 March (18.00-21.30) and 18 March (9.00-12:30)
- Language of the course: English
- Place: RGSL premises, Strēlnieku iela 4 k-2, Rīga
- Early Bird Registration by 1 March for the whole course: 200 Euro (for a single part of the course 140 Euro)
- Regular fee after 1 March for the whole course: 220 Euro (for a single part of the course 160 Euro)
- Alumni fee for the whole course: 180 Euro (for a single part of the course 120 Euro)
Fees are given excluding VAT. The fee includes tuition, materials and coffee breaks.
How to apply?
For further questions and application, please contact: Krišs Ēlerts, course coordinator, e-mail: Kriss.Elerts@rgsl.edu.lv, phone: +371 67039212.
The number of places is limited.