Karsten Engsig Sorensen (PhD)
Internal Market Law
Dr. jur. (Aarhus University, 2006)
PhD (Aalborg University, 1992)
LLM (Exerter University, 1990)
LLM (Aarhus University, 1989)
Significant Professional Experience
- 2012 Head of PhD-programme in law, Aarhus University
- 2005-11 Head of Department
- 2000 Full Professor, Aarhus School of Business (now Aarhus University)
- 2000 Visiting scholar, Cornell Law School
- 1999 Visiting fellow, Cambridge University
- 1994 Associate professor
- 1991-94 Trainee solicitor/solicitor
- 1989-91 Research Fellow, Aalborg University
- New textbook on EU law
- Groups of companies
- Free movement of companies
- Sørensen, KE (2014), Company law as a restriction to free movement – examination of the notion of ‘restriction’ using company law as the frame of reference, European Company Law, forthcoming 2014
- Sørensen, KE & Neville, M (2014), Social Enterprises: How Should Company Law Balance Flexibility and Credibility?, European Business Organization Law Review, forthcoming 2014.
- Sørensen, KE (2014), Branches of Companies in the EU:: Balancing the Eleventh Company Law Directive, National Company Law and the Right of Establishment, European Company and Financial Law Review, no. 1, s. 53-96.
- Pistone, P, Szabó, DG & Sørensen, KE (2014), Mobility of Companies in the European Union: A Jigzaw of Company Law and Tax Law, Case Law and Secondary Law Falls into Place?. In AP Dourado (ed.), Movement of Persons and Tax Mobility in the EU: Changing Winds. IBFD, 135-169.
- Olsen, BE & Sørensen, KE (2014), Strengthening the Enforcement of CSR Guidelines: Finding a New Balance between Hard Law and Soft Law, Legal Issues of Economic Integration, vol 41, nr. 1, 9-36.
- Szabó, DG & Sørensen, KE (2013), Cross-Border Conversion of Companies in the EU: The Impact of the VALE Judgement, International and Comparative Corporate Law Journal, vol 10, no. 2, 43-59.
- Szabó, DG & Sørensen, KE (2013), Integrating Corporate Social Responsibility in Corporate Governance Codes in the EU, European Business Law Review, nr. 6, 781-828.
- Sørensen, KE (2013), Disqualifying Directors in the EU. In HS Birkmose, M Neville & KE Sørensen (eds), Board of Directors in European Companies: Reshaping and Harmonising Their Organisation and Duties. Kluwer Law International, Alpen aan den Rijn, p. 327-348.
- Clausen, NJ & Sørensen, KE (2012), Reforming the Regulation of Trading Venues in the EU under the Proposed MiFID II: Levelling the Playing Field and Overcoming Market Fragmentation?, European Company and Financial Law Review, vol 9, no. 3, 275-306
- Sørensen, K. E. (2012). Disclosing Barriers to Takeovers. In Birkmose, H. S., Neville, M., & Sørensen, K. E. (rds.), The European Financial Market in Transition (p. 69-87). Netherlands: Kluwer International Law.
- Sørensen, K. E. (2011). Reconciling Secondary Legislation and the Treaty Rights of Free movement. European Law Review, (3), 339-361.
- Sørensen, K. E. (2010). Duty of loyalty for shareholders – a possible remedy for conflicts in SMEs. In Neville, M., & Sørensen, K. E. (red.), Company law and SMEs (p. 127-170). Thomson.
- Clausen, N. J., & Sørensen, K. E. (2009). Stock Exchange Mergers – The new Driver in the Harmonisation of Securities Market Regulation?. European Company and Financial Law Review, 29-70.
- Elsmore, M. J., & Sørensen, K. E. (2009). Company names and company mobility in the internal market: How to balance the interests of the holders of name rights and the freedom of establishment?. European Business Law Review, 851-887.
- Sørensen, K. E. (2009). Disclosure in EU Corporate Governance – A Remedy in Need of Adjustment?. European Business Organization Law Review, 255-283.
- Sørensen, K. E. (2006). Abuse of rights in Community Law: A Principle of substance or merely rhetoric. Common Market Law Review, 43(2), 423-459.
- Sørensen, K. E. (2006). Does EU law resolve or create conflicts between shareholders?. In Andersen, P. K., Clausen, N. J., & Skog, R. (eds.), Shareholder conflicts (p. 265-290). Thomson.
- Sørensen, K. E. (2005). The Danish East India Company. In Gepken-Jager, E., van Solinge, G., & Timmerman, L. (red.), VOC 1602-2002, 400 years of company law (p. 107-130). Deventer, Netherlands: Kluwer Law International.The last article, journal title, year, pages or Book title, Publisher, year, pages