Žaneta Mikosa (LL.M)
PhD Scholar / Research Fellow
PhD cand. (RGSL and Copenhagen University)
LL.M in EU Law (RGSL and Copenhagen Business School, 2002)
Master of Law, State and Administrative Law (University of Latvia, 2001)
Dipl. Iur (University of Latvia, 2000)
Significant Professional Experience
- 2013 – currently, Riga Graduate School of Law and Copenhagen University, Research Fellow, and Lecturer
- 2013 Latvian Judicial Training Centre, Lecturer
- 2012 Riga Graduate School of Law, Guest lecturer in Environmental Law course
- 2000 – 2005 and 2007 – 2011, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development, Parliamentary Secretary (2004-2005 and 2009-2011) other period legal advisor
- 2005 – 2007, EU Commission, DG Environment, Legal expert on access to justice in environmental matters
- 2005 – 2011 Vice chair of the Aarhus Convention Bureau, UN/ECE, Geneva
- Access to Justice in Environmental Matters (EU and International Environmental Law)
- I.Cepane, Z.Matijesku “Approximation of legislation of Latvia to the Aarhus Convention.” Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, 2002. 57(4/5) 42 – 49 pp.
- One of authors (chapter on environment) of book: “Comments to EU Accession Act”, Riga, 2003, Tiesu Nama Aģentūra. Book is aimed to highlight accession conditions for Latvia joining EU
- Z.Mikosa “Circulation of genetically modified organisms and rights to limit GMO within Latvia and EU.” Presented in a conference organized by the University of Latvia on 11.06.2010. Publication: „Juridiskās zinātnes aktuālās problēmas” Zvaigzne, 2012.
- Ž.Mikosa “Aarhus Convention and Building law – Participation in building procedure” Politika.lv (the public policy site), published on 26 April 2013.