ERASMUS+ Key Action 1 “Mobility of individuals” offers opportunities for students to undertake a professional experience in another country. Student mobility can also be traineeship / work placement abroad in an enterprise or any other relevant workplace. Duration requirement for the traineeship period is from 2 to 12 months.
ERASMUS+ programme supports not only student internships but also work placements/ internships of the alumni (recent graduates). Procedure requires that recent graduates must be selected by their Higher Education Institution during their last year of study, and must carry out and complete their traineeship abroad within one year of obtaining their graduation. Read below alumni and student intern experience stories from 2016 and 2017!
CALL IS CLOSED for ERASMUS+ grants for STUDENT internships and ALUMNI internships (graduates of summer 2017). The next Call will be announced in the autumn of 2017 for the winter graduates and in January 2018 for students planning student internships in the spring/summer of 2018. For illustration, read previous announcements and conditions:
- The receiving organisation can be any public or private institution active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth (e.g. public or private, small, medium or large enterprise, including social enterprises, a public body at local, regional or national level,a social partner, a research institute, a foundation etc.)
- The following types of organisations are not eligible as host institutions for ERASMUS placements:
- EU institutions and other EU bodies including specialised agencies (their exhaustive list is available on the website ec.europa.eu/institutions/index_en.htm);
- Organisations managing EU programmes (in order to avoid a possible conflict of interests and/or double funding);
Before the internship mobility a standard Learning Agreement for Traineeship must be signed by the receiving institution, the student (or alumni) and RGSL.
Contact ERASMUS Institutional Coordinator: email@example.com
ERASMUS internship experience stories:
- Reinis Legzdiņš at the Latvian Embassy in the Netherlands
- Kate Keita Kārkliņa at the Prague Security Studies Institute
- Ieva Jankovska at Gencs Valters Law Firm in Vilnius
- Simona Adlere at the Latvian Embassy in the Netherlands