Ph.D in Administrative Law, Sapienza University of Rome, 2006
Master in Administrative Law, National School of Administration, 2002
BA in Law, Sapienza University of Rome, 1998
Significant Professional Experience
- Associate Professor of Administrative Law, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, current –
- External Professor: University of Rome LUISS “Guido Carli”; Riga Graduate School of Law, current –
- Senior Scholars, European Central Bank Legal Research Programme (LRP) (2019)
- European Administrative Law; Banking Union; AI and Administrative Functions
- "Blockchain and public authorities: a field yet to be explored", in “European Review of Digital Administration & Law - Erdal”, Volume 1, Issue 1, 2022, forthcoming
- "Administrative Procedure and Judicial Review in the European Union and EU Case Study Reports", in «Judicial Review of Administration Laws in Europe: Procedural Fairness and Propriety», edited by G. della Cananea, M. Andenas, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2021, forthcoming
- "Promoting a common understanding of the GDPR: European Data Protection Board and National Data Protection Authorities", in «Legal Technology Transformation. A Practical Assessment», ed. by A. Caligiuri, Napoli, Editoriale Scientifica, 2020, pp. 33-39 [ISBN 978-88-9391-985-2].
- "The Principle of Proportionality and the European Central Bank" (with M.P. Chiti, A. Magliari), in “European Public Law”, volume 26, 2020, no. 3, pp. 643-678, e no. 4, pp. 843-866 [ISSN 1354-3725]
- "The Pan-European General Principles of Good Administration in the Italian Legal System – a (Sometimes) contradictory path", in «Good Administration and the Council of Europe. Law, Principles and Effectiveness», ed. by U. Stelkens, A. Andrijauskaitė, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2020, pp. 182-209 [ISBN 9780198861539]
- "Procedural decision-making and the Banking Union: The Accountability Mechanisms", TARN Working Paper Series 4/2017, April 2017, The Academic Research Network on Agencification of EU Executive Governance (TARN) - ARENA Centre for European Studies, University of Oslo, pp. 1-19 [ISSN 2464-3270]
- "The Rule of Law and Transparency in the Global Space", in «Research Handbook on Global Administrative Law», edited by S. Cassese, Cheltenham (UK) Northampton (MA, USA), Edward Elgar Publishing, 2016, pp. 261-281 [ISBN 978-1-78347-845-3]
- "The Independence Status of the Supervisory Board and of the Single Resolution Board: an Expansive Claim of Autonomy?", in «Towards the European Banking Union», edited by E. Barucci, M. Messori, Firenze, Passigli Editori, 2014, pp. 117-129 [ISBN 9788836814909]
- "Administrative Activity and Liability for Infringement of European Union Law", in “IUS Publicum Network Review”, issue no. 1, May 2013, pp. 1-19 [ISSN 2039-2540].
- "The Incidental Legality Review of Regulations in Italy", in “Italian Journal of Public Law”, vol. 5, issue no. 2, Winter 2013, pp. 180-215 [ISSN 2239-8279].
- "Global Administrative Review Mechanism: The Case of The Aarhus Convention", in «Global Standards for Public Authorities», edited by G. della Cananea e A. Sandulli, Napoli, Editoriale scientifica, 2012, pp. 109-140 [ISBN 9788863423907]
- "Global Administrative Law: The Casebook", Third Edition, edited by S. Cassese, B. Carotti, L. Casini, E. Cavalieri, E. MacDonald, with the collaboration of M. Macchia and M. Savino, Rome-New York, 2012, IRPA-IIJL (Institute for International Law and Justice), pp. 1-1802 [ISBN 9788890758218]
- "Global Administrative Law Compliance: The Aarhus Convention Compliance Review System", in “European Review of Public Law ERPL/REDP”, vol. 20, n. 4, winter/hiver 2008, pp. 1317-1347.