J.D. (University of Pennsylvania)
M.A. in Law and Diplomacy (The Fletcher School, Tufts University)
B.A. in History (with distinction) (Yale University)
Ingrīda Kariņa-Bērziņa is a partner at the Riga office of Cobalt, where she leads the Intellectual Property and Technologies Practice Group. A lecturer and course leader at RGSL since 2006, she is a Latvian sworn attorney, a member of the bar in the United States (Pennsylvania and New Jersey), and a registered trademark and design attorney (Latvia and EU). Her legal practice focuses on general business law with a specialization in intellectual property prosecution, commercialization and dispute resolution, and international contracts.
Ingrida is fluent in Latvian and English and proficient in German and French.
- Innovation paves the way to prosperity, Ir, 26.09.2012
- Questions on Intellectual Property, Kapitals No. 10/2012
- Dispatch From the Trademark Wars: Ambush Marketing and the Arena of Sports, with Jamie B. Bischoff and Jeffrey P. Curry, THE METROPOLITAN CORPORATE COUNSEL 19 (Feb. 2005).
- Significant Victory for Fair Use Defense in Trademark Litigation, Ballard Spahr Andrews & Ingersoll LLP (2004).
- The Emerging Circuit Split over Secondary Meaning in Trade Dress Law, 152 U. PA. L. REV. 1661 (2004).