PhD at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) 2010. Thesis: „Faillissementspauliana, Insolvenzanfechtung & Transaction Avoidance in Insolvencies”
LL.M. Harvard 2001
Master of Philosophy at University of Groningen, 2000
Japan Prizewinners’ Program, Leiden University-Japan & Japan Netherlands Institute Tokyo, 1999
Masters of Law at University of Groningen, 1998.
Significant Professional Experience
- Assistant professor at University of Amsterdam (UvA)
- Associate at law firm Houthoff Buruma, Amsterdam
- Insolvency Law Theory & Game Theory, Corporate Finance, Corporate Reorganisation
- ‘Harmonisation of European Insolvency Law and the Need to Tackle Two Common Problems: Common Pool & Anticommons’, International Insolvency Review 2012, (vol 21), p. 67 -83.
- ‘Financing in distress against security from an English, German and Dutch perspective: a walk in the park or in a mine field?’ International Insolvency Law Review 2012/1, p. 21 – 44 (co-authored with E.J.R. Verwey, C. Bärenz and R.M.A. Connell).