Pieteikumu pieņemšana studijām doktorantūras programmā
Uzmanību! Pieteikumu pieņemšana pagarināta līdz 31. maijam
Riga Graduate School of Law and the Law Faculty of the University of Copenhagen jointly call for applications for doctoral studies in:
- international human rights
- international public law
- international private law
Up to three fully paid positions as PhD Research Fellows will be available for research starting in Autumn 2013 in joint Doctoral programme offered by the Riga Graduate School of Law and the University of Copenhagen.
The study period is 3 years and exclusively in the English language. During the studies doctoral students will write and defend a doctoral dissertation, have teaching commitments, and complete courses offered by both host institutions and elsewhere.
It is foreseen that approximately half of the study period will be spent at Riga Graduate School of Law and half at the University of Copenhagen. This is a full time commitment and study costs, including study visits abroad, will be covered. Research fellows are employed as members of the RGSL faculty during their period of study.
The purpose of the PhD Programme is both to prepare the student for a continuing career in legal research and teaching and to educate highly qualified labour relevant to both the public and private sectors. The degree assures research qualifications at an international level.
- Applicants must have an educational background that corresponds to an LL.M.-degree or equivalent qualifications.
- Students who are expecting to graduate in the first half of 2013 and are awaiting the evaluation of their master’s thesis may apply.
- Applicants must document an aptitude for scientific work, for instance through a high assessment of their master’s thesis, and must be able to undertake the highly demanding task of independently writing a PhD dissertation.
The deadline for submission of applications is extended until 31 May 2013.
The applications should be submitted by e-mail only and should contain the following documents (in English):
- a copy of master’s diploma and of grades, including an explanation of the grading system;
- a document certifying proficiency in English if previous studies were conducted in other language;
- a letter of motivation;
- a research proposal of maximum 5 pages;
- CV, including list of publications if applicable;
- passport copy;
- two academic reference letters
Phone for inquiries: +371 67 039 226