In order to get to know more about the LL.M in EU Law and Policy, other Masters programmes and the school itself, join our Masters programmes Open House on 9 July at 16:00 - online. You will have a chance to meet RGSL Masters programmes Director Waleed Gumaa, RGSL Professor in European politics, former ambassador to Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg, Ilze Rūse and Visiting Lecturer Žaneta Mikosa, and get your questions answered.
Register for the event here:
LL.M in EU Law and Policy
EU law is a fascinating, rapidly evolving area of law which affects our daily life at any moment. A sound and comprehensive knowledge of the subject is essential for all lawyers who want to compete in the global job market.
The LLM programme in EU law and policy is designed to train the prospective EU law and policy experts by promoting the knowledge of topical legal and policy related issues surrounding the European Union.
The programme provides in-depth understanding of the sources of EU law, key institutions and decision-making mechanisms of the Union. It covers issues related to EU integration, fundamental freedoms and rights, external relations, internal market, justice, security as well as environment and asylum. RGSL faculty includes the right blend of internationally renowned academics and practitioners able to guide the students through both the complex UE legal framework and its practical applications.
Upon successful completion of the programme students:
• Will have in-depth knowledge of the EU legal system, institutions, key decision making organs and procedures as well as policies;
• Will understand the key challenges that the EU faces nowadays as well resources and mechanisms available at EU level to face these challenges;
• Will be able to apply various concepts of EU law to concrete case studies.
• Interdisciplinary programme taught in English;
• Student-centered and interactive approach to teaching, which includes seminars, class simulations of real scenarios and development of soft skills;
• Excellent networking opportunities offered by RGSL.
The programme provides students with an in-depth understanding and knowledge of EU law and policy and prepares high-level specialists able to work in law firms, public administration, EU institutions, NGOs as well as academic and research centres.
Applications for this and other Masters programmes at RGSL are open until 31 July – apply here https://apply.rgsl.edu.lv/