On 9 June 2023, the Riga Graduate School of Law and COBALT jointly invites to a seminar and discussion on the setting aside mechanism for arbitral awards and the different legislative approaches to it, with the aim of exploring the best means of finally introducing it in the Latvian arbitration law.
In the seminar, together with experienced experts, we will analyse the experience of different countries and discuss not only possible solutions to the setting aside mechanism, but also other topical issues related to the Latvian arbitration law.
The seminar will be held in Latvian at the premises of the Riga Graduate School of Law from 13:00 to 15:30.
• Maija Tipaine – Senior Associate, COBALT
• Ginta Ahrel – Partner, Westerberg & Partners (Stockholm)
• Aija Lejniece – Independent Counsel (Paris, New York), Representative of Latvia to the Permanent Court of
Arbitration (the Hague)
• Toms Krūmiņš – Senior Associate COBALT
• Inga Kačevska – Partner, Inga Kačevska law office
• Daiga Zivtiņa – Partner, Ellex Klavins
• Aleksandrs Fillers – Assistant Professor, Riga Graduate School of Law
• Jānis Tiesnieks – Attorney at law, Chairman of the Presidium at the Baltic International Arbitration Court
Programme and registration in Latvian: