Riga Graduate School of Law (RGSL) is pleased to announce a competition for the Civil Society Leadership Awards for LL.M programmes at RGSL for academic year 2018/2019. RGSL is English speaking institution.
The Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) provides fully-funded scholarships for master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country,
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential,
- Have a bachelor’s degree awarded before July 15, 2017 and an excellent academic record,
- Demonstrate professional experience in a relevant area,
- Demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (English, German or French) at a level required for admission by host universities,
- Be able to participate in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2018 and start their degree program in August or September 2018,
- Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country,
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to their home country or region to continue supporting open society development.
The awards are available to citizens of the following countries:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Republic of Congo
- South Sudan
Awards are available for study in the following areas:
- Communications, Journalism & Media
- Culture, History & Society
- Development Studies
- Education Management & Leadership
- Environment & Natural Resource Management
- Gender Studies
- Human Rights
- Law (including Human Rights law)
- Politics & International Studies
- Public Health Policy & Health Management
- Public Policy & Administration
- Social Work & Social Policy
The Open Society Foundations and Scholarship Programs are committed to equal opportunity, and exercise that policy in relation to all admissions processes. CSLA does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
Please check the link for more detailed information: https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/grants/civil-society-leadership-award-20160708
All eligible candidates are strongly encouraged to apply online if possible using Submittable, an online platform. Please register on Submittable and then follow instructions. The application deadline is July 15th, 2017.