On 13 November at 15:00, the Latvian Institute of International Affairs in cooperation with Centre for Geopolitical Studies (Lithuania) organizes a public discussion “Energy In(Security): Ways Forward for Europe and the Baltic States”. Its aim is to provide the latest information and analysis about energy security in Latvia, Baltic Sea Region and the European Union, as well as discuss different alternatives for further action, including the brand new Connecting Europe Facility, cooperation with the US, the role of gas etc.
The debate will feature:
- Alan Riley, Professor of Law at City Law School, specializing in energy law, the United Kingdom
- Mikhail Krutikhin, Partner, RusEnergy, Russia
- Krišjānis Kariņš, Member of the European Parliament, Latvia
- Ruben Vermeeren, Policy Officer, European Commission, DG ENERGY
- and other experts from Germany and Lithuania (tbc).
The event will take place at the Riga Graduate School of Law, Strēlnieku 4k-2, 4th floor, room W42.
Working language: English