RECON Baltic Expert Workshop “European Integration – Challenges and Visions from the Baltic Perspective: debates on the Future of Europe from the Constitutional to the Lisbon Treay and beyond”
European Integration Issues from the Baltic Perspective were discussed at the Riga Graduate School of Law
The RGSL team wishes to thank all participants in the workshop on the subject of European Integration – Challenges and Visions from the Baltic perspective: debates on the Future of Europe from the constitutional to the Lisbon Treaty and beyond - for contributing to its success.
The two day Baltic Expert Workshop organized by the Riga Graduate School of Law within the RECON project and in collaboration with the Latvian Embassy in Belarus “European Integration – Challenges and Visions from the Baltic Perspective: debates on the Future of Europe from Constitutional to the Lisbon Treaty and beyond” was a great success.
The Baltic Workshop has welcomed to Riga 40 leading experts from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine and Hungary for two days discussions on European integration issues. The workshop was organised around five thematic panels that focus on EU reforms as follows:
• Panel 1 explored the legal challenges and dilemmas in the process of EU reforms.
• Panel 2 shifted its focus from the exclusively legal dimension to the intermediaries on national interests.
• Panel 3 analyzed the issue of EU neighborhood policy.
• Panel 4 focused on the political dimension of the European integration from a Baltic perspective.
• Panel 5 concentrated on the role of Baltic mass media in covering EU affairs to the general public.
Papers presented by the scholars during the workshop are to be revised by February 2009. Proceedings of the workshop are to be published in spring, 2009. Please check this site for news of publication in due course.