On Friday 5 July Riga Graduate School of Law (RGSL) held its 15th graduation ceremony. The graduation ceremony was addressed by Solvita Āboltiņa, Speaker of the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia, Rector of RGSL, Professor George Ulrich, Bachelor Programme Director Peter Gjortler and the President of the RGSL Student Association Otto Tabuns.
This year graduated the first RGSL Bachelor programme students - 23 from “Law and Business” programme and 14 students from “Law and Diplomacy” programme who started their studies in 2010 . Bachelor diploma with distinction was issued to Vadims Šeršņovs from” Law and Business" programme, 8 students received their bachelor diplomas with merit.
RGSL Masters diplomas received 61 students, 11 Masters students graduated with distinction:
- Jekaterina Anohina (International and European Law)
- Baiba Bebre (Legal Linguistics)
- Anda Čekstere (Legal Linguistics)
- Andrea Endrolath (Public International Law and Human Rights)`
- Evija Jākobsone (Legal Linguistics)
- Marija Lukšīte (Legal Linguistics)
- Kseniya Pavlovich (Public International Law and Human Rights)
- Dmitriy Piskunov (Public International Law and Human Rights)
- Vladlena Rudusāne (International and European Law, professional)
- Olena Samsonova (Legal Linguistics)
19 Masters students received their diplomas with merit. As in previous years, a significant proportion of graduates of the highly acclaimed Masters programmes are international students. Studies at RGSL have been completed by students from more than 10 countries - Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Germany, Kirgizstan, Russia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Turkey and, of course, Latvia.