On 1 July 2016, Riga Graduate School of Law (RGSL) held its 18th graduation at the Dailes Theatre. The ceremony was addressed by Edgars Rinkevics, Latvian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Archil Sokhadze, Senior Counsellor of the Embassy of Georgia in Latvia, Professor George Ulrich, RGSL Rector, and Janis Ikstens, Director of the RGSL Board.
This year 53 students graduated from the Bachelor programmes – Law and Business and Law and Diplomacy.
A Bachelor’s diploma with merit was awarded to:
- three students from the Law and Business programme - Marta Laima Ābola, Līga Dāce and Marija Mihejeva,
- twelve students from the Law and Diplomacy programme - Elīna Andrijevska, Renāte Rūta Apse, Baiba Baltace, Annija Kaktiņa, Ksenija Karakulova, Kate Keita Kārkliņa, Sanita Lapiņa, Helēna Martinsone, Evita Nagle, Katrīna Pētersone, Dārta Tentere and Lauris Zvirbulis.
This year sixty Master Diplomas were awarded. One student - Ekaterina Andryushchenko - graduated the Legal Linguistics programme with distinction. Many other students graduated with merit:
- from the International and European Law professional programme Silvija Alberte, Jevgeņijs Beļajevs, Agnese Bukane, Rihards Dzelme, Ieva Ernestsone, Laura Grava, Natālija Šestakova, Ingrīda Štelmane, Rita Vanaga and Ieva Zariņa.
- from the International and European Law academic programme Stephan Maximilian Aldejohann and Guna Krastiņa,
- from the Public International Law and Human Rights programme Anda Ķemme.
- from the Transborder Commercial Law programme - Aleksandrs Kogucs and Mariam Titberidze
- from the Law and Finance programme Mātiņš Dauburs, Sergejs Jakimovs, Andrew David Johansson, Christy Lynne Kollmar, Mārtiņš Marenis, Annija Samuša and Matthias Strohmayer.
In addition, 25 students from the RGSL Advanced Programme in Law and Economics received a RGSL certificate.
Congratulations! RGSL – BEYOND BORDERS