On implementation of precautionary measures to limit the spread of Covid-19 infection in Riga Graduate School of Law
• RGSL students, staff, guest lecturers and visitors need to observe a distance of 2 meters from other persons. The study process can be organised in one auditorium, without observing the distance of 2 meters, if this is not possible.
• When staying in premises (corridors, staircases, wardrobe) where it is not possible to keep a distance of 2 meters, it is recommended to use a mouth and nose cover and leave these rooms as soon as possible, avoiding prolonged contact with other persons.
• RGSL staff, guest lecturers and students have access to face masks and individual hand disinfectants.
• The study process can be organised in one auditorium, without observing the distance of 2 meters, if this is not possible.
• RGSL students are encouraged to use RGSL premises as little as possible outside the set full-time lecture schedule.
• RGSL staff and guest lecturers can disregard the restrictions on distance and should avoid gatherings outside the working hours.
• In all events organised in the premises of RGSL, including events organised by RGSL Student Association, the requirements of the Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 360 “Epidemiological Safety Measures for the Containment of the Spread of COVID-19 Infection” must be observed.
• RGSL encourages staff, guest lecturers and students to download and use the mobile application for identifying and informing the contact persons “Apturi Covid” (https://apturicovid.lv/).
• RGSL provides all students, staff, guest lecturers, service providers and other visitors to RGSL with the opportunity to observe hand hygiene, as well as to use hand disinfectants. Hand sanitiser is available in each auditorium.
• Hygienic hand sanitizers and face masks as well as individual hand disinfectants are available for RGSL staff and students. RGSL invites students to use mouth and nose cover as needed.
• RGSL provides regular ventilation of the premises, as well as good mechanical ventilation.
• RGSL provides regular cleaning of the premises, especially disinfection of common surfaces (e.g. door handles, table tops, chair armrests and support surfaces, surfaces in toilets, water taps, touch-sensitive devices) in accordance with the information on cleaning the premises available on the Latvian Centre on Disease Prevention and Control website.
Compliance with home quarantine and isolation requirements and health monitoring
• It is forbidden to be in the premises of RGSL for persons who, in accordance with the legislation and the specified epidemiological control measures, have been prescribed self-isolation or home quarantine.
• It is forbidden to come and stay in the RGSL premises for persons with signs of respiratory infection (cough, shortness of breath, fever).
• RGSL staff, guest lecturers and students, as well as tenants and regular partners need to monitor their health condition. Persons who correspond to the risk group of Covid-19 infection (seniors over 65 years and people with chronic diseases) are invited to monitor their health condition, treat the chronic disease to prevent exacerbations of the disease, observe preventive measures, do not go to RGSL with signs of the disease, use a face mask or nose and mouth cover.
• RGSL students, staff members as well as guest lecturers must immediately inform the RGSL responsible person if they have a case of Covid-19 infection.
• In case one of the RGSL staff or students re travelling abroad, then when returning to Latvia, the current list of countries and territories (www.spkc.gov.lv ) must be checked, upon arrival of which 14 days of self-isolation must be observed. When returning from these countries and territories indicated in the list, RGSL premises may not be visited for 14 days.
Actions in case of suspicion or detection of infection in RGSL
• If RGSL student, staff member or visiting lecturer develops signs of acute respiratory infectious disease (cough, shortness of breath, fever), staff member or visiting lecturer is obliged to stop performing work duties, student to the study process, and go home, inform the RGSL responsible person (students inform Study Department) by phone and contact a family doctor to agree on a future treatment regimen (informing that the person works or was present at education institution). If contact with other persons in the RGSL or public transport is possible, a face mask or mouth and nose cover is used. The person can return to RGSL only according to the doctor's instructions.
• If signs of acute respiratory infection will be detected in two or more students or staff (or visiting lecturers) and a group illness is suspected, the RGSL responsible person shall inform the regional branch of the Latvian Centre for Disease Prevention and Control and consult on further action.
• If any of the RGSL students, staff, guest lecturers or tenants who have visited RGSL in the last 14 days is assigned the status of a Covid-19 contact person, the RGSL responsible person must be informed for consultation with the Centre on further action.
• Detailed RGSL actions to control the spread of Covid-19 infection are described in Riga Graduate School of Law regulations on the implementation of precautionary measures to limit the spread of Covid-19 infection.
Organisation of the study process
• From August 1, 2020, all study programmes at RGSL are implemented in-class, evaluating inclusion of distance study process according to the study programme.
• Classes, midterms and final exams are organised in such a way that it is possible to ventilate the premises every 45 minutes.
• Obligatory class attendance is not imposed. However, in order to ensure the monitoring of student flow, student attendance is recorded, which does not affect student assessment. In case a student is unable to participate in the intermediate examination or final exam in person due to his / her health condition, the student agrees with the Study Department on passing the intermediate examination or examination at another time and without any fee.
• Evaluating the risks and opportunities for distance, study programmes or a part thereof can be implemented remotely in accordance with the Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 360 “Epidemiological Safety Measures for the Containment of the Spread of COVID-19 Infection”. In this case, RGSL organises the distance learning process, ensuring the technical course of studies and informing students and lecturers about it. With no significant deterioration of the epidemiological situation, the RGSL should, as far as possible, give preference to the full-time study process.
Use of Library
• RGSL Library services are available only to students of RGSL and Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, staff and guest lecturers. Books are exchanged by ordering them in the library catalogue and receiving them in the specified manner.
• Guests can use the library services remotely by ordering books from the library catalogue (https://www.rgsl.edu.lv/library) and receiving them as specified.
• It is allowed to stay in Library premises within a distance of 2 meters. If this is not observed, RGSL management may decide to close the Library to visitors.
• Opening hours of Library are on weekdays from 9:00 to 20:00. The Library is closed on weekends.
The person responsible for RGSL for the coordination and supervision of the implementation of these regulations is RGSL Director Ieva Racenaja (ieva.racenaja(abols)rgsl.edu.lv).
Contact details of Study Department:
- Liene Briede, Head of Study Department liene.briede(abols)rgsl.edu.lv, tel.: 67039236
- Katrina Daugule, Administrator of Bachelor programmes, katrina.daugule(abols)rgsl.edu.lv, tel.: 67039310
- Anda Lesina, Administrator of Master programmes, anda.lesina(abols)rgsl.edu.lv, tel.: 67039206