University of Latvia, Faculty of Law, 1967
Significant Professional Experience
- Elected as a professor at the Faculty of Law of the University of Latvia, 2002.
- Taches topical issues of criminal law and qualification of criminal offenses, 1985
- Lecturing to the students of the University of Latvia, 1974 -
- Head of the legal work and advocacy part of the National Economy of the Ministry of Justice, 1973-1985
- In cooperation with other authors, has been written a textbook on criminal law (supplemented editions in 2001 and 2008, 2009),
- Comments to separate sections of the Criminal Law (2003),
- Prepared comments in the supplemented editions in three parts (2007, 2015-2016 and 2018-2019),
- Participated in the development of comments on fundamental human rights in Chapter VIII of The Constitution of the Republic of Latvia (2011).
- Book “Qualification of Criminal Offenses. The law. Theory. Practice ”(2003 with the supplemented edition in 2007).
- Monograph - Qualification of criminal offenses. An aid for those applying criminal law norms (2020).
- Veikti vairākus pētījumi salīdzināmajās tiesībās, 2002.gadā izdota grāmata “Krimināltiesības Latvijā un Spānijā”,
- Together with Professor U. Krastiņš “Comparative Criminal Law. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania ”(2004.),
- “Comparable criminal law. Latvia, Austria, Switzerland, Germany " (2006),
- “Comparable criminal law. Latvia, Austria, Switzerland, Germany " (2008).
- Published a monograph on ‘International Criminal Law’ 2003.),
- Participated in a monograph published by Springer “The Law of the Baltic States”(2017.),
- Participated in the monograph published by the Belarusian publishing house Amalfi “Уголовное законодательство государств, граничащих с Республикой Беларусь” Сравнительный контент – анализ (2019).
- As well as the author of other sources of legal literature and legal publications. For example, in the magazine “Jurista Vārds” 52 articles on topical issues of application of criminal law norms have been published, opportunities to publish in the magazine “Administrative and Criminal Justice” and in the LU magazine Juridiskā zinātne have been used. an article “Problematics of Identification of a Continuous Criminal Offense” prepared together with D. Hamkov is inserted.