PhD cand. (RGSL and Copenhagen University)
LL.M in EU Law (RGSL and Copenhagen Business School, 2002)
Master of Law, State and Administrative Law (University of Latvia, 2001)
Dipl. Iur (University of Latvia, 2000)
Significant Professional Experience
- 2013 – currently, Riga Graduate School of Law and Copenhagen University, Research Fellow, and Lecturer
- 2018 – Arbitrator in the Specialized Panel of the Permanent Court of Arbitration (Hague)
- 2013 Latvian Judicial Training Centre, Lecturer
- 2012 Riga Graduate School of Law, Guest lecturer in Environmental Law course
- 2000–2005, 2007–2011, 2014-2015 Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development, Parliamentary Secretary (2004-2005 and 2009-2011); Deputy State Secretary in EU Affairs (2014-2015)
- 2005–2007, EU Commission, DG Environment, Legal expert on access to justice in environmental matters
- 2005–2011 Vice chair of the Aarhus Convention Bureau, UN/ECE, Geneva
- Access to Justice in Environmental Matters (EU and International Environmental Law)
- Ž.Mikosa “Implementation of the Aarhus Convention through actio popularis,” in: Procedural Environmental Rights: Principle X in Theory and Practice / edited by Jerzy Jendroska and Magdalena Bar, pp. 261–285. Intersentia, Cambridge – Antwerp – Portland, 2017.
- Ž.Mikosa “Property and Environmental Protection in Latvia”, in: Property and Environmental Protection in Europe, G. Winter (ed.), Europa Law Publishing, 2016, pp.210-223
- Ž.Mikosa Ģenētiski modificēto organismu aprites normatīvais regulējums un aprites ierobežošanas iespējas Latvijā un Eiropas Savienībā.” [Circulation of genetically modified organisms and rights to limit GMO within Latvia and EU] Juridiskās zinātnes aktuālās problēmas. Zvaigzne, 2012.
- Ž.Mikosa “Aarhus Convention and Building law – Participation in building procedure” Politika.lv (the public policy site), 26 April 2013.
- Co-author “Comments to EU Accession Act”, ed. by M.Brizgo and L.Medina. Riga, 2003, Tiesu Nama Aģentūra.
- I.Čepāne, Ž.Matijesku “Latvijas normatīvo aktu atbilstība Orhusas konvencijai.” [Approximation of legislation of Latvia to the Aarhus Convention]. Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, 2002, 57(4/5), pp. 42–49.