Admission criteria for Bachelor programmes
- The average grade in diploma supplement corresponding to European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) level of C or higher (7 grade points according to Latvian 10 point grading scale);
- Proficiency in English confirming at least level B2 or higher in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR):
- IELTS Academic Test (not older than 2 years) - the required score is at least 6.0;
- TOEFL (not older than 2 years) - the required score is at least 550 points (for a computer test - 213; Internet based test - 80);
- State Centralized English Examination (applicants from Latvia) – minimum attainable requirement - 70%;
- Applicants who have acquired previous education in English or are native English speakers are exempted from taking Proficiency tests in English.
- Applicant is also exempted from Proficiency tests in English if he/she has completed secondary education in a European Union, European Economic Area country or the Swiss Confederation and his/her secondary education certificate includes English proficiency assessment that equals to B2 (or higher) level of the Common European Framework of Reference.
- State Centralized Examination results of the Secondary General Education from candidates from Latvia;
- Academic and scientific achievements, active participation in youth organisations, and other relevant activities are highly desirable.
Admission rules for Bachelor programmes are available here.
Admission criteria for Masters programmes
- All masters programmes are available to students who have completed a bachelor, masters or equivalent degree in law or a related field (on the condition that basic knowledge of law and corresponding work experience can be demonstrated).
- For students with a three-year bachelor degree, options are limited to the two-year masters programmes.
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6+, TOEFL IBT 80+ or TOEFL paper based test 550+.
Admission rules for Masters programmes are available here.